Today Brett gave an amazing talk in church. I was so proud of him. As he was giving it, I was thinking, "wow... I am married to this guy!" One thing that he said that I loved was "joy should not be a destination, it should be a companion on the journey."
My life is so full of joy, but sometimes I think that I just don't think about it. As I reflect upon my day, a lot of times my mind comes up blank. No funny stories or sweet memories or cute antedotes arise. But, I do know what I have to do tommorrow... hour by hour. I seem to focus more on what needs to be done and how I can get it done the best then savor the now.
So, my 30 day challenge to myself and who ever wants to join me is to try to remeber these little bits of everyday life that bring joy. And if life is so mundane that there really isn't anything to tell then I need to change that! This is my last day thinking about tomorrow... tomorrow I am going to think about today!
3 comments:
I enjoyed Brett's talk too. He did a great job.
I love the family pictures! Also you need Brett's quote up in vinyl on the wall! You are such a positive go getter always trying to be a better you!
Lisa...you really have, I was talking about "good" husband's with Dave last night, and Brett was at the top of our list.
Post a Comment