Friday, October 5, 2012

Mother of Three: Days Three and Four

I don’t know if I should post this... I don’t want to jinx myself…. But days three and four were not so bad! Maybe I am just getting used to the craziness.  We spent a little more time at home, but we were also able to have some fun, low key play dates with good friends.  One thing that having three little guys is teaching me is that I need to “let go”.  I love to make plans and do lots of activities with the boys and it is hard for me to just hang at home.  But, I am learning that it is OK if I don’t have something planned for my boys each hour of the day.  It has been so good for me to see them entertain each other and themselves while we are at home.  I am looking forward to being able do more outings like we used to.  Apple picking with the boys is just calling my name.  But, that can wait until next year. And apparently, having a clean house will have to wait until next year, too.  For now, I am going to try to slow down and enjoy my newborn.  He is one month already! 

Snapshots of my house from today...





2 comments:

Forsythe said...

Love your 1 month picture idea. You are a fantastic mom!

Sarah C. said...

Lis!! You are such a wonderful mother! I just read through your last few posts and I want to echo Ryan that you are indeed a gold medal mom! I wish I could give you a great big hug. You're doing great! The three boys transition was slow going for me too. I remember some days in the beginning it would take me HOURS to get out of the house! Just when we were ready someone would undoubtedly be hungry, poopy or tired. All I can say is those boys are so lucky to have you as their mama.
Did I tell you we're expecting our 4th boy at Thanksgiving?! So, keeping blogging about your transition with 3 because it's giving me reminders and encouragement. :)
Love you lots!!