Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chocoholic's Cure?

Hello, my name is Lisa and I am a chocoholic.   I eat it everyday.  Chocolate chips are my go to when I am feeling stressed ( are sad or happy).  My dad tells me that I can't help it - it is in my genetic makeup. I have been trying to retrain my self into having sweets only a few times a week.  Today I whipped up a few of these "truffles" from my friend Morgan's blog. They are made with dates, nuts, unsweeted coconut, and raw cocoa powder ( not the baking kind), which is really good for you. They are sweet enough with a hint of chocolate flavor, satistfiing and loaded with fiber, protien and antioxidants. Even Ryan said it taked like a brownie.  That is big.  I think I may have found my cure. 
*I followed Morgan's recipie with a few tweaks.  Cashews instead of almonds.  I had to add more dates and a little agave nectar until the texture was right.  I also added a little raw sugar to the mix.  I can't be that healthy!  I rolled it ina mixutre of  raw sugar, cocoa, and cinnamon. 


3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. White said...

Save some for us! We're coming to try them whether you like it or not.

Lynsi said...

lis I love this post! We've talked about this before, you know I have inherited that gene too, so I can SO relate! I'll have to give these a try... but I have a feeling they won't come close to those double chocolate cookies that you posted the recipe to a while back. ( we make those way too often!)

Jill said...

Sounds yummy! Too bad I'd eat the whole batch, negating the healthy part because I ate too much!