Monday, June 13, 2011

Half Marathon

Last week, I ran my, now traditional, half marathon one year after having a baby. After Ryan, I ran the Rose Bowl Half Marathon with friend Lorraine.  This time around I ran the fontana half.  I trained with my friend April, who also ran the race.  Thanks to her and the awesome downhill course, I beat my last half time by about 18 minutes!  I ran it in 1hour and 33 minutes ( and 55 seconds).  That may forever be my best time... but maybe next year I will try to beat it!  The race was great, but the best part was seeing Brett holding Luke up above the crowd as I came up on the finish.  So glad my boys were there!
This was probably about mile 10.  The finish line felt so close but also so far away!

I loved that they captured the moment I saw the boys!

And we're done

4 comments:

Millicent said...

Congratulations! You're my running mentor!

Kimber Ryan Van and Tye said...

Awesome, Lisa! Way to go!!

Zylstra Family said...

Way to go Lisa! Sorry I never called you back last week...Crazy week!

Michael and Anita said...

Way to go!!

Do you have any tips/training schedule that worked well for you? I've been wanting to do a half forever, but I'm not quite sure where to start and so far have been too lazy/inefficient to start doing the obvious--running. :) Congrats! That is really a fantastic accomplishment!