I started planning the big weekend months ago. We started off with a DiSCo PAR-TAY! He was born in 1979, so I thought it would be fun to relive the year he was born. We got decked out, ate fondue and boogied to some bee-jees and the Jacksons.
Disco Gangsters?
Brett showing us that he still has "got it!"
Day Number Two was a family dinner. We has some delicious North Carolina BBQ and some brownie cheesecake.

Right after this, I handed Brett a book and in it were driving directions to Santa Barbra. We left right then. Man was it hard for me to keep that a secret!
We stayed two nights. The first night, we stayed at a place called The Bath Street Inn. The house was over 100 years old. It was so charming and fun to think about all the life that was lived there before it was an inn.
We got up Monday morning and went for a beautiful tandem bike ride, shopped and ate at this great little Mexican Place La Super Rica. I surely was "La Super".

We ordered our food and our total was $19.79... the year Brett was born. That must have been a good sign that we were in the right place!
Then we hit the beach for a few hours and it was heavenly! I was a little overwhelmed by the amount of time we had left in the day... I kinda forgot what I used to fill my time with before I had little Ry to chase after. But, I then realized that we had the whole afternoon to read and nap and walk on the beach to our hearts content. And we did.

After the beach, we headed off to our next stop: the Inn on Summerhill in Summerland. GREAT place! I am usually a little wary about staying in B+Bs and basically hotels in general, but this one was so nice and clean and beautiful! Four stars... or is it five? How about two thumbs way up!
Not only was Brett's big day full of fun and relaxation, it was also all about Desserts!! In the course of 24 hours we had:
Brownie Cheesecake, Chocolate Cake, Pinkberry, Baklava, cookie, gelato AND a cupcake. Wow- just reading that list would pack on the pounds. We did share all of those things and calories on birthdays do not count!
We had a wonderful time together and I am so grateful to Mom and Dad who watch Ry for us. I didn't worry at all - although I did shed a tear or two when we left. Brett asked if I was crying because of leaving Ryan or if it was because I was going to be alone with him! Funny guy... I do love and appreciate Brett so much and am so glad he was born!
14 comments:
What an awesome birthday you planned. How is he going to top that when you turn 30? Happy Birthday Brett!
What a great birthday weekend. You are always so creative. Happy Birthday Brett - 30, so mature!
Happy birthday, Harold!!!
Oh what an amazing birthday getaway! I love the birthday disco party ad that your breakfast cost 19.79 :). Hilarious! Beach time without kids, wow. Must have been such a blast. Way to plan the fun surprise!!
Happy Birthday Brett! What a great surprise. And we love La Super Rica! Some random person recommended it to us when we were in santa barbara last year. The inns look really nice. And i love the disco outfits
Happy Birthday Cuz! I am glad you are taking it so well...any advice? It is my turn in a few months! And believe me Ry is not letting me forget it! I never should have robbed that cradle! :)
Lisa great job on the weekend!
Happy 30th Birthday Brett! Glad to see you had so much fun!
ps. Ryan's family is obsessed with La Super Rica in Santa Barbara! It's so good!
How fun! Way to go keeping that birthday surprise!
WOW! What a birthday! That inn is adorable, lucky you guys!
Ps- I met a certain Larry Reeves at a recent BBQ.. Winter Formal of 98, huh??
I love the pictures of you guys on the beach. What a weekend full of romantic and fun memories.
Way to go Lisa!!! You guys are amazing. And you can plan my 30th birthday when that happens. Only a little over 2 years from now. YIKES!
What fun! and great pictures
you guys are so cute! miss you!!
You guys are so cute together!
Post a Comment