Santa Barbara to Dana Point + Twelve Girls + Running all Day and Night = A BLAST!
This is our team " Kin of A Big Deal" at the start in Santa Barbara.
We were in the 2nd Van, so we had about 3 hours to kill in Santa Barbra. We rented this Surrey to ride around. To quote Lorraine, " Once you go Surrey, you never go back".




Guess who ran Ragnar,too.... Kelly Kapowski! We ate dinner in the same restaurant as her team. It is always weird seeing a famous person do something "normal".

Last, but not least - the van we spent 30 straight hours in. I only knew one other girl in the van, but I definitely made 5 new friends by the end.
This is our team " Kin of A Big Deal" at the start in Santa Barbara.
This is my first run through strawberry fields.
Two luck ladies got to run down PCH right by the ocean. Isn't it beautiful!

Run #2 took place right through LA at 4 am! We were a little scared, but Joanna and I got to run together and wear headlamps. We just looked forward and ran and we made it though alive!



Running through the finish line
Guess who ran Ragnar,too.... Kelly Kapowski! We ate dinner in the same restaurant as her team. It is always weird seeing a famous person do something "normal".Last, but not least - the van we spent 30 straight hours in. I only knew one other girl in the van, but I definitely made 5 new friends by the end.
Ragnar was such a GREAT experience! I will definitely do it again!
19 comments:
That looks awesome! If you went all the way to Dana Point that means you ran through Laguna Beach! You look great. Good job girl friend!
so so fun! i miss the days of being able to run. i'm sure they'll be here soon enough. great job!
That seems like a ton of fun! How great to run with new friend! That would be cool to do something like that here, except we truly don't have the sights!
My family did this for at a reunion 2 years ago in Washington. (Lynsi probably told you about it). I didn't run but everyone who did loved it.
Yeah! I am so proud of you! I wanted to call last night and hear all about it. I still need to hear all the extra little details!
LA and 4 am - SCAREY!!
Very cool. Looks like a fun run!!
GOOD JOB Lisa! You are awesome. :)
Lisa, I am so glad that we did it together. Running buddies for life. Love you girl.
Woohoo! Way to go! You did it! :) What a blast--and a lot of hard work!
So glad you had so much fun! One day we'll run some kind of race together! Headlamps, middle of the night... brings back memories. Love Ragner! As in Kelly from "Saved by the Bell?" First your on tv with ellen, now your hanging out with celebrities!
wow! i'm so impressed! congrats!
you are my idol....dude you are amazing. One day I wanna run w you :) you got skills
how fun! i was a little confused for a while thinking "hey those are girls in my ward whose blog am i looking at again?" :)
No idea what Ragner is, but that must have been what you were talking about...so fun - congrats!
Wow, I'm so impressed!! Sounds like fun. Sort of.
That looks like fun! Way to go!
So glad it was a fun experience. I bet it felt like a good accomplishment.
lisa-
i was thinking about you last weekend. i am glad the race went so well. i admit, i was a little jealous, but hey, you gave me a chance and i blew it=). it looks like such a fun experience. when should we run again?
I was going to do the Wastach Back until I realized what exactly the time commitment entailed. I decided against it, since Sunny would still only be three months old and obviously nursing exclusively. Maybe next year. On a side note, I just found out you were roommates with Janae Low? She's in my ward here!
Post a Comment