I need a lot of help with one of my resolutions. I am determined to become more PREPARED and ORGANIZED this year. As a precuser, I am not a totally inept housekeeper. My house is clean, most of the time. But this year, my house will be clean more than it is not and I will rarely, if ever, leave the house without diapers, wipes, wallet, keys, gifts, etc. This one is going to be HARD for me because for those of you who know me, being "together" is SO not ME! But just wait, by 2010, it will be.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
I need to know important things such as:
1. What do you do with all your piles? (specifically mail that you need to go through or so something with)
2. What does a prepared person carry in her purse?( the first step for me is to actually CARRY a purse!)
3. How does one get their home "sparkly"?
4. How do you know when to do unusual chores like clean the vacuum filter? (did that today)
5. How do you keep clothes in drawers neatly folded or a sock drawer more than just a mess?
6. Where do you put stuff that doesn't really have a place?
Today, I hung out with a girl from my complex who said that she sanitizes her keys EVERYDAY and she carries her digital camera in her purse just in case she gets in a car accident and more! Those thoughts never cross my mind. But, I did go right home and sanitize my keys, cleaned out the car and my drawers, washed the car seat cover, prepared snack baggies for Ryan AND (as noted previously) cleaned the vacuum filter. I just wanted to start the "newish" year right!
9 comments:
Girl – If I could get my hands on your house...I'd be in heaven! I love organizing! I might show up on your doorstep one of these days to help ya out. But, you're an incredible person! You're more "together" than you think, my dear friend. Who needs killer organizational skills or a sparkly house? You have and emulate the qualities that REALLY matter: thoughtfulness, kindness, humor, spirituality, etc. Need I continue? I think you’re “sparklely” (Is that a word…?)
You are so cute Lisa! I love how you are always working on something and trying to improve. I think you have inspired me to make that my resolution. By the way I would be happy to come over and help you organize. Any excuse to get out of my house and come hang out with a friend! Oh and your meal was very yummy the other night:)
well let me know how it goes. i hope you get it all together. that does sound like a lot to me. i need to start small like dust my computer desk more often. i offer no organization tips. but i will tell you that having more kids forces you to become more prepared. i have to plan ahead a lot or things would not go smoothly. wish i could come visit the "sparkly" house!
So I can't offer ANY advice on how to become more organized because I think you are already steps ahead of me! Anyway, I can't believe how big Ryan is, and how little you are! Lisa, you look gorgeous! You too, Brett. (I didn't want to leave Brett out) Really, Ryan is so cute! It is weird that the last time I saw him he was only a month old! Ok, so now I can see your darling family! Thanks for the info! Love, Emily Burdette
You are so funny! The only thing about getting organized and sparkly with kids is...you spend so much time getting things that way and by the time the next day comes around everything is back to the way it began! My advice is wait until the youngest child you plan on having goes to kindergarten, then get all caught up. That's my plan.
How cute you are! Honestly, there is nothing that I can say to help you because you are teaching me as I read! Zach is the organized one around our house...I just keep things up that he organizes! If you learn anything about being more prepared I would love to know...that is one of my resolutions this year too!
I do have one suggestion that makes me happy everytime I open my sock drawer. Ikea has thin and colapsible drawer orgaizers that come with an assortment of sizes. They are perfect for slippery garments and socks and other things that don't stack well. They are $10.00 and worth every penny to me!
I too would like to know what a prepared person keeps in there purse. I can barely get out with dipers and wipes!
My answer? I ask Karen Allred. Seriously. She's a repository of organizational information.
Hi Andersen Family,
I totally don't know you, but found your blog and HAD to share my mail pile tip. It literally changed my life (and the piles went away). It actually doesn't require you to do anything besides what you are going to do anyway. THE ONE TOUCH SYSTEM:
Whenever I get the mail (about 3 days per week) I bring it in and attend to all of it right then. The bills get paid, the phone calls get made, then everything gets filed (or tossed). The goal is that each piece of mail only gets touched once.
Doing this totally eliminated moving things from pile to pile. As a result, I only get the mail when I know I have time to deal with it. I know it sounds crazy, and it takes practice .But if you can commit to it, counters stay clear and there is never a "to-be-shred" pile. Sheer Bliss!
Good luck! Michelle
Post a Comment