Saturday, January 24, 2009

I've been cookin'

Cooking is a hobby of mine. I enjoy trying out new recipies and eating good food. Here are a few things that I have been cooking up lately. You can find some of the recipies on my "What's for dinner" blog.
Tortilla soup. This is a new favorite of mine. I wish I took this picture, but we ate it all before I had a chance to snap a shot. You get the idea, though. The idea of making my own marshmellows was so charming to me. So, I made some today. It was all that I hoped it would be. However, I have need to do a side by side test to determine if it is worth it! They are cute though - don't you think?
After making the marshmellows, I made some graham crackers to go along with them. We made our own s'mores. YUM! I already took a bite out of this one.
Ry and I made a chocolate cake for my dad's birthday. He helped me put i the ingredients and then was kind enough to clean the bowl for me!
He went straight into the bathtub! He would not let go of that choclate covered spatula, so it went in the bath with him!

I still need to perfect my icing skills, but I have found my favorite cake recipie! Rich chocolate cake with chocolate buttermilk icing. This one had walnuts in it in honor of my dad.

This is a great book that I picked up at the library. There are a lot of great recipies. The muffins are the best I've had - and I don't really even like muffins.

Blueberry with Crumb topping

Coco-banana
I ate it all up!

11 comments:

Jill said...

Looks tasty! I'll have to check out that cookbook. I just got a new pastry cookbook, Tartine Bakery. We went to the bakery in San Francisco and I loved it so I bought the cookbook. It's got some good recipes in there. And I've always wanted to try marshmellows--they look great!

Grace said...

I love cooking too! Especially desserts...so that would technically be baking. Ryan already loves his mom's cookin', way to go Lisa.

The Gallup Family said...

tortilla soup mmmm...yummy!!! so who was i marrying??? was he hot?

Quinn Family said...

I am so impressed...

Zach and Linds said...

How fun! I love cooking too! Those things look delicious!

Alisha said...

Lisa, I have to get your chocolate cake recipe--the one you made for Brett's birthday the summer we were all living in Charlotte. This is too funny, but Brian has been talking about that chocolate cake every since! He seriously says it's the best cake he's ever had! So, if you are willing, please do share.

Rachel said...

Yum! You just made me super hungry. It all looks so delicious.

Margo said...

You made your own Marshallows? And then your own gramcrackers? Holy moley. You are so talented.

Bryce said...

As if I didn't already wish we weren't neighbors enough (although I was always afraid that we'd be walking by your building and you'd had left your phone off the hook again) :)

Kimberly Larson said...

The tortilla soup looks wonderful! Please please please share your recipe!

Rachel said...

yum!! and ryan looks like he had a ball too! miss you lis and love you!