Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ryan James is ONE!

It seems that he went from this to this in a blink of an eye... he doesn't even look like the same kid! My life sure changed this last year. I have felt more joy than I ever thought possible. I am looking forward to all the years to come and am going to strive to appreciate every minute I get to spend with my boy!
We started off the day playing with balloons...




Then, I took him to get his first haircut! He seriously cried more during his hair cut than when I took him to get his one year old shots! This lady was pretty talented!



The Before Shot... look at that mop!


He kept trying to push her away, so I had to hold down his arms!

Then, we took little Ry to Handel's Ice Cream. It was voted the #1 best ice cream IN THE WORLD by National Geographic. Nothing but the best for our little boy.
We had the 5 scoop sampler: Chocolate Malt Caramel, Peppermint, Cake Batter, Spouse in the House ( peanut butter & chocolate covered pretzels)
MMMMM... he was in heaven!

We then went and took some one year old pictures and and met up with my parents and sister to eat. What a fun day. I was really sad for the day to end. It was so fun to celebrate this day that is so special to us.

12 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

What fun memories for his 1st birthday! You are one fabulous mommy.

Shelley Nicole said...

Aw, he's so darling! I can't believe he's a year already! Good Birthday fun! I'll have to remember those ideas and that ice cream! Where is it? Do you guys want to come to Disneyland with me and Robbie and some friends on Jan. 2nd?

Piper said...

Happy Birthday RJ! We love you!

Sunnie said...

oh my he is cute! he was a cute newborn, also. i love all the dark hair! it's crazy how blone it's turned. glad it was a fun day for everyone!

Elise said...

What a cutie! Happy Birthday Ryan!

Alisha said...

Wahoo--Happy Birthday Ryan!!

*** said...

Oh he is so handsome! And what a beautiful newborn he was, wow. Happiest Birthday to Ryan...he makes me smile BIG every time I see his cute face! Glad the day was so very fun...

Brittney Paul said...

Happy birthday to Ryan! Love the hair cut, it's darling! Mackenna wants to play sooon!!

Unknown said...

Such a cutie:) I always miss that brand newborn stage it goes by so fast. Love the hair cut pictures!

The Little family said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!! He looks so handsome with his new hair cut, I love it!!

Lorraine said...

Happy Birthday, Ryan! Such cute pics, as always. I was going to ask you the name of that ice cream place again, so I am glad I found it here on your blog.

The Gallup Family said...

mmmm I want that spouse in the house ice cream...when I was pregnant with Luke I ate ice cream almost every night. Did you get your dish? there was an envelope on the card but since I left it out on the porch and it got wet. I hope it was still legible :]