Monday, October 6, 2008

One of Those Moments

Saturday night, while the boys were at the Priesthood Session, some friends and I went out to dinner. Ryan was pretty tired and very grumpy. I ordered some refried beans for him and tried to feed him with a spoon. He would NOT have that. He kept screaming until I realized that all he wanted to do was feed himself. So, I took off his shirt and let him have at it. It was one of those moments where if I was someone else watching me, I would have thought, " Oh my gosh, look at that baby making a huge mess! I can't believe that mother!" It is funny how we have a lot of those thoughts until we actually find ourselves with a screaming 10 month old who just wants to eat beans with his hands!



I thought that I might need the bib more than Ryan!

7 comments:

Sunnie said...

love the messy boy. can't believe how old he is looking!

Jill said...

I would have done the same thing! :)

Forsythe said...

good for you, those moments make memories. Congrats to Brett for the seminary calling, we found that you real;y get to know your ward well if you get to work with the youth, good luck!

Rachel said...

at least ryan will eat refried beans!! ty is on a strict 5 food diet: ramen noodles, chicken nuggets, fries, chocolate/candy, quesadillas. one healthy kid.
and i am waiting for you to post some cute vegas pictures. we didn't take our camera, remember?! i am dying to see the footage.

Elise said...

You are brave. I need to expand Jacob's diet to messy food items. I think too much about the clean up. I'm no fun!

Brittney Paul said...

that's so cute! I say next time we get together, we go to a mexican restaurant so i can see this in person!!

Mary Kelly said...

Whatever keeps 'em happy at a restaurant right?! Looks like a yummy night out!