Friday, March 28, 2008

Ryan's First Day at the Beach!



It is amazing how doing something with your child for the first time makes things a million times more exciting for you, too. I love the beach, but I think that I had butterflies of excitement in my stomach as we pulled up this time. I couldn't wait for Ryan to feel the sand and see the water. Granted he is only 4 months old and could care less where we are as long as he gets fed, but it was exciting for me.

Lastly, we have finally caught one of Ryan's adorable smiles face on with the camera. It is funny because we always try, but whenever he sees the camera, the smiling stops. I love his cute smile - it just lights up his whole face! What a cutie-pie!!This was pre-haircut... yes, I have already cut his hair. It was getting pretty old-manish, so I just trimmed it up a bit. My dad was disappointed in me because I did not save some of his baby hair for his scrapbook (what?) or take any pics to document. Let's just say that next time I am having someone else cut it, but it does look better if you don't look to closely!

12 comments:

Lorraine said...

Love the photos of little Ryan, he is such a doll. And Lisa, you are sure looking good is all I have to say. How fun that you guys went to the beach. CA here we come!

Forsythe said...

Looks like fun! Ryan's blue hat is so cute. What beach are you at? I am jelous, I wish I was there. I remember last summer when you came down to Laguna and we met you and Brett on the beach to talk when you were pregnant. Time flies!

Nici said...

Look like fun guys! It snowed all day today--I want to trade you places right now. The beach looks like so much fun, it is beautiful! P.S. Can I get your new address? If you want just have Brett text it to me. Thanks!

Bryan and Shelly Barney said...

Lisa--

Little Ryan is so adorable. He has the prettiest blue eyes. Does he get those from your mom or does Brett have blue eyes? The beach sure looks nice and fun! I wish I was there.

JAGBHansen said...

What a cutie! I can't believe how blue his eyes look! I saved some of Boston's and Gennovah's hair from their first cut, yet I don't know what to do with it. I want to visit so bad!

Lynley said...

Oh my gosh! That is SO beautiful and he is SO cute! Life is good for Brett and Lisa!

Lynsi said...

I'm jealous! Wish I had my kids at the beach! You're right, everything is much more exciting with your kids, it's just so great to see them experience everything! Glad everything is going so well!

Sunnie said...

so jealous of that pretty day at the beach. i wish i could be there too. beaches aren't quite the same here in houston. ryan is so cute. it's crazy how old they get so fast!

Nancy said...

great photos! ryan is so darling!

Shelley said...

ahhhh, the California beaches...man, what am I doing in Utah? You guys are so cute! I want to give Ryan a big fat kiss!

heidibudge said...

That beach looked so pretty and Ryan looked great in his hat.

Mary Kelly said...

What a happy memory for you and your family. I wish Morgen's first experience at the beach was in sunny California, instead we had to settle for the cold and rainy Oregon coast. Ryan is just as cute as a button and growing SO fast!