Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Isn't it ironic...

Brett has been in Charlotte for the last 2 days, so I have been staying with my parents. This has nothing to do with my post, but I mention my dad and I don't want people to be confused:)! I was about to give Ryan a bath, but then I realized that I only had one more diaper. I am going home tonight, so I just had to make it last, so I decided to wait and give Ryan a bath later. I mentioned this fact to my dad, sat down on the couch and started playing with him and then, not 5 minutes later, I felt an explosion... now this was not just any old explosion because I felt a strange new warmth on my legs. It didn't really sink in until I moved Ryan and discovered that somehow this explosion completely missed his diaper and went right out the side and all over my pants... and I mean all over! It was almost as if he was proving a point... " alright mommy, if you won't change my diaper, I will just get you all messy just so you can see how it feels!" Luckily, I found an extra diaper and was able to bathe and change him without further delay! Now I know to always keep lots of diapers on hand!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

haha! he showed you! just kidding. good tip, though. the first time i saw tyler when he was like a week old he blew out of his diaper on my pants too. i plan on reminding him of that when he's about 16.

Sunnie said...

i love getting pooped on. it's probably my favorite.

Jen & Johnny said...

The fun joys of parenthood!!!

Unknown said...

Where did your dad go when he heard that explosion?? HaHaHa - very funny!! PLEASE don't come see us until you get the smell off! Must be a Andersen fart!! HaHa You gotta record that in your journal!

Lynley said...

I swear I am always without a diaper when I need one! I hope you had some pants to change in to!