Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mothering Lessons

Yesterday, I learned that I had better practice what I preach.  It was about 9:30 am and I walked to the candy jar and popped a hersey kiss in my mouth.  Two seconds later, Ryan asked if he could have an Oreo. 
Here is how that conversation went:
Ry: Mom, can I have an Oreo
Me: No
Ry: Why?
Me ( still chewing my chocolate): Because it is too early for a treat.
Ry: What is in your mouth?
Me: Swallowing fast... Nothing
Oh, man.  I almost got caught doing exactly what I told him not to. 
I love that being a mother teaches me how to become a little better each day.  A little more patient.  A little kinder. More selfless.  How to not to eat chocolate in the morning if  don't want my kid to. 
It is the greatest job in the world.  I get paid in smiles and hugs and love that are worth more that gold.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

4 comments:

Lynsi said...

awe Lis. You are such a sweet mom! I Loved the chocolate story, I'm sure I've done that same thing!
Happy Mothers Day!
by the way, I love your yellow dress and boots!

Mary Kelly said...

I love this story! You are the cutest mom ever. I hope your boys spoil you today!

Hi, I'm Rachel said...

Such a cute story! Happy Mother's Day, Lisa!!

Lovio Fam said...

Hot mama!! :) I have been caught in the act too. LOL The sweet lessons they teach us, best job in the world!