Before Luke was born, I was so nervous how I was going to feel about haveing 2 kids. I did not understand at all how I could love another human being as much as I loved Ry. But, just as everyone said, I could not imagine Luke not being here. It just feels right that he is a part of our family. We are just in love with the little guy.
Here is how he got here...
Saturday night, June 26th, I left to go to the adult session of Stake Conference. At this point I was a day over due and I was pretty convinced that my body did not know how to go into labor and that I would have a c-sectino that coming tuesday. I came home and sat on the bed to tell Brett about the meeting and then I felt something wet. " Hang on...." I said to Brett. I ran to the bathroom to check what was going on... my water had broken! I was so excited and both of us were running around like crazy. We were not expecting this at all. So we packed my bag (I really didn't think I had to be ready) and put Ry into the car and dropped him off at my parents house. The doctors and mid-wives were very helpful and supportive. At 8:00 the next morning - I still wasn't convinced this was giong to happen "naturally"( with an epidural - love those). But the midwife came and checked me and said - just another hour or so! I almost started crying! I was so excited. My mom made it just in time. She and Brett were such a great support team. I pushed for 3o minutes and out Luke came. What an amazing experience. I feel so blessed that things worked out that way! It is such a miracle to bring a life into this world - no matter how it happens.
17 comments:
So great! Congratulations again! What a beautiful family that you have! Thanks for what you said about having 2. I am about 8 weeks away and am getting nervous about have 2.
How wonderful! So glad for you and your family!
I really am so very happy for you. And kuddos to your medical team for allowing you to deliver vaginally with a previous c-section.
Beautiful Baby Lisa!I can't wait to hold him in person!
Congratulations! How exciting that you did a VBAC! Hopefully your recovery is going well. Enjoy your sweet babe. They grow too fast! Hope we get to meet him soon!
I love the picture of you with your boys! You are the cutest, and toughest I might add, lady ever. I am so happy that you had such a great experience with the labor and delivery.
Congratulations!!! I can't wait to meet Luke. So glad you're both happy and well!
How nice that you didn't have to have a c-section! Congrats again & enjoy the baby...they grow way too fast.
Lisa, He is so darling... Love all his hair! I wish I only had to push for 30 minutes!! Lucky girl.
You look so beautiful and happy. Baby Luke is adorable!!!
You look so beautiful and happy. Baby Luke is adorable!!!
He's adorable! He even LOOKS like he belongs. Congratulations!!!
He's adorable! He even LOOKS like he belongs. Congratulations!!!
I am so glad you were able to go "natural". I can't wait to talk to you about it all, but love seeing your family of four. So beautiful...yes, even with all those boys.
YEA- CONGRATS!!! He looks perfect!!
Howdy my wonderful family. Iam so sure that you think that you don't even have an Aunt Janice any more, but Surprise, Surprise, here I am. It has been the most crazy summer ever and I just can't wait for it to be over. We are down to Nic's watching Wes so that is why I am on her email. I never have time to do it at my house. I am so excited to see pictures of Luke. What a cool name. Are they from Lisa's side or just ones you liked? I like it all together. He is so darn cute, just like his little brother. The pictures of them together are so cute. Keep those so when they grow up and they want to fight all the time you can show them how loving they use to be!!! It sounds like everything is going okay and again we are so happy for you. Our family is doing okay - always on the go. Lei has started her own hair accessorie business (www.zippedwithaccessories) and so she is busy with that. Shaan is going her first traditional summer off in her whole teaching career. She has already been on year round school. Britt and family just moved to North Salt Lake so that is closer to us now. Nic has this beautiful baby that we love so much and they are moving to Salt Lake in August because of their jobs. They have a 50 mile rule of not living any closer than 50 miles to relatives but I guess they either have to comute or live closer to all the drama!!! Dani is still with us and we keep trying to get her to get married but I guess you have to date to do that and she is totally content with no man right now. Wayne and I are doing US Census. It is absolutely the worst job I have ever had in my life or hope to have. I have been called called alot of names, been told they can't believe they are using everyone's taxes to pay us, on and on and on. Everyone is mad at the government so we hear all the ranting and raving. Wayne has a thicker skin than I do. I was in tears everyday my first week. It goes till August and that is not soon enough for me. We work 4 10 hour days and then my two days off I watch Wes. Then the other girls seem to plan things for what little time I have left. As soon as I am through I believe we are going to go to Kent's to see him and then jump over to see Justin and family. We were so sorry to hear about Kristen's mom. It brings back so many memories for me. After that I am going to go to Texas for a couple of weeks to stay with a friend and then I am going to come home and have knee replacement and surgery on my feet. In the mean time Wayne would like me to fit a full time job in there. I just don't see how I could possibly do that!! I keep up on your family through Nic's blog. She has set me up with a facebook account but I have to have time to go downstairs and figure it out. I think it might just be easier to drive to Provo and use Nici's! I think about all your family so often. I talked to your Dad last week. They were on their way to Tri-City to spend the weekend with her daughter. I hope things are going well for them. I want to slap Emily silly for dropping out of school. I couldn't understand from Butch if she has changed her mind. I sure hope she wakes up and doesn't throw her life away that your parents put up with so much to give her that life. I love you guys and miss you so much. You are always in my thoughts even though I don't do much about it. I would love to have a picture of your little family to put on my frig. I have one of Troy and Family, Butch and Bonnie, Emily and maybe I can get one from you. Hope that all is going well and that you are loving your home and job. You are so lucky Lisa to be able to stay home and be a mom. Good job Brett. You guys take care. Love you and miss you. Janice
Congrats guys. we're excited for ya
Post a Comment