In the background is Ryan sobbing and calling out " momma, momma".
We had to lock him in his room because he wouldn't go to bed. We always let him try going to sleep with his door open, but 9 times out of 10 - he ends up getting up and running into our room. I usually give him 3 chances until I lock the door.
But what he doesn't know is that it is harder for me to follow through and actually do it than it is for him! I hate thinking that I am making him sad and lonely. I want to rush in there and cuddle him - or even worse, just let him hop right into our bed like he wants to.
But, I know that I can't. In the long run, it is better for him to learn how to go to sleep in his own bed.
And it stinks!

5 comments:
I know what you mean! It's so hard to stick to your guns and do what you say, especially when they end up crying and saying they're scared. Hopefully he'll get the hang of staying in bed soon.
love hurts! It is not in our nature to let our kids hurt. But just wait, when you get the next one here your emotions will be a little bit more calloused. It won't be that big of a deal.
I am sorry you have to go through that. Just keep strong and let me know if you need any suggestions. (Not that I know all the answers!) Good luck!
We have friends who keep a pillow and blanket in their bedroom because their 5-year-old comes into their bed EVERY night! I think you are smart to get through the hard time now. It would be a really hard habit to break later.
Hey Lisa, I was just wondering, where did you guys go orange picking? And is it open to anyone? And, do you know if it's open during the first week in March? My parents are coming down and are thinking that would be a fun activity to do. Thanks! :) And good luck with the discipline. When you were teaching, did you ever worry about that with your own future kids? I do all the time. Ha! It's hard to have the "tough love," even though you know it's important that they know the boundaries. Good luck! I'm sure you're doing great!
Post a Comment