Tuesday, March 31, 2009

True Love

I think that the movies have got it all wrong. True love is not bringing flowers home every night, planning elaborately expensive dates and saying all of the right things at the right times. That would be romance ( which is nice. brett... I still like all of that). True love is more.
Brett has shown me many times what true love is. Tonight, for example, I realized that I threw my wallet away... I know, I know...
But anyway, I threw it away and then took out the trash to the dumpster(i did not know my wallet was in there at the time). Brett offered to go jump in the dumpster and find it for me. When he came back, he said it wasn't in our bag of trash. Then I remembered that I threw it away in a smaller Target bag, which was next to that bag of trash... so he went back to climb in the dumpster again... LOVE!
That caused me to reminisce about other such experiences.
1. When we were still dating, I got the stomach flu and Brett would hold my hair back for me as I, you know... love.
2. Once, we were playing indoor soccer and this big guy was trying to take the ball from me. Brett ( not as big) ran up and rammed into him and pushed him away from me ( in the legal, soccer way). i thought it was the cutest, sweetest thing ever.
3. When we were in New York my metro card fell to the bottom of the toilet (it was like $75 sitting at the bottom of the toilet) and he got it from me... wait, did he do that for me or the money? Either way - that is love.
4. Brett went out to lunch for work and specifically saved me some of his sweet potato fries because he knew I would love them.
Brett must really love me.

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

That IS true love!

Forsythe said...

So sweet, I hope you found your wallet! Brett is a great husband!

April said...

hi, this is April, sunnie's friend. Just wanted to share some of the sites I use for couponing. Swaggrabber.com is great for good deals on things, becentsable.net has their grocery lists, and they list other blogs to visit for specific stores, like Kroger or walmart.

Most of these sites will give you the great deals that are advertised, as well as which coupons to use. I get most of my coupons from the sunday paper, but there are alot of printable ones too, and these blogs will give you those as well. Good luck, it's kinda intimidating at first, but fun when you get the hang of it!

Millicent said...

Every girl needs a Brett!

Jill said...

What a guy!

Nici said...

Go Brett...you're the man! P.S. Ryan said that if you guys moved back to Utah he would let you into his "inner circle"...he's funny. We like you guys...come back to us!

The Postl's said...

You guys are so cute! That is TRUE LOVE!!

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

It's true. We are so blessed to have husbands who are both romantic and able to love us every day. It's a day by day process.

Zach and Linds said...

I love love! What a sweet husband you have!

Maria said...

This is the cutest post I've ever read!