Sunday, March 8, 2009

Look at what MY kid can do!

Isn't it funny - and appropriate - that whatever your kid does, you think it is the great thing in the world. You think they are the smartest, cutest, funniest kid on the face of planet earth! This is how I feel about Ryan... I mean, he really is.


Until you try to show them off.


Ryan recently started folding his arms before he eats or whenever he sits at a table. It is so cute! And of course, we thought he was brilliant. So, when we were over eating dinner with some friends the other night we were about to say the prayer and I said " Wait! You have so see how Ryan folds his arms - it is SO great... he is SO smart ( I just thought that last part)"

There was a pause as everyone had their eyes on Ryan - waiting for the arm fold. He just stood there - staring back - probably wondering why everyone was looking at him. And then, right behind him, little Paige, who is a month younger than Ry, folds her arms! Ryan still just stood there. That sure humbled me! So, maybe Ryan is just normal for his age, but I am proud of everything he does - and doesn't do!

7 comments:

Quinn Family said...

so true - I am humbled regularly! But don't worry I think Ryan is adorable and brilliant (just not as adorable or brilliant as my girls jk)

Forsythe said...

I know exactly what you mean, right when you want them to do or when you pull out the camera or video recorder they stare blankly at you and have no idea what you want them to do.

Sally said...

I have the same problem getting Clara to do stuff for my parents on skype.... I guess it is just hard to preform with pressure.

The Postl's said...

True! True! True! Ryan is so smart though he doesn't have to show off for us to see his true brilliance!

Maria said...

We all knew he could do it! Every time I try to make Brooklyn wave goodbye she usually just stares. And then as soon as the door closes and everyone is gone she starts to wave.

*** said...

Oh this happens all the time, hilarious. What a little stud! I miss seeing him so often. By the way, love the pics Mollie Jane took...she does a great job. I miss you and your deliciouso meals!!

Zent Family said...

I think this was the only time Paige has folder her arms on cue and I have yet to see it since!!