Saturday, September 20, 2008

Thank you , Gwyneth!


ABout once a week for the past few months, no years, I have said that I am going to stop eating sweets. I usually last about a day. Actually, my record is 5 days. Well, last Sunday was one of those days. I was determined to not eat sweets for 2 weeks. However, the next day, I watched Oprah and Gwyneth Paltrow was on. She was talking about how she does not diet. Whenever she tries to restrict herself from sweets, it seems she eats more. So, she just eats what she wants, in moderation I am sure, and works out 2 hours a day 6 days a week. Yeah, I know - the whole working out for 2 hours is a lot and not easily do-able, but I try to exercise regularly. I agree with the idea of not eliminating foods from your diet - especially if love them like I love treats! It just makes life miserable and all you think about is the next time you can eat the thing you are try not to eat! On that note, I think I will go eat a cookie... just a small one :)!

8 comments:

Jill said...

I agree! The thought of dieting makes me eat more, so I don't really. We try not to buy too many sweets but I never hold back on dessert! And she works out like crazy! I saw the show also and thought... hm now only if I could hire a trainer and a babysitter and work out 2 hrs a day! That's a big commitment.

Lynsi said...

Gotta love Oprah especially when Gweneth is on! So funny that I was so inspired as well! Like I said... it's in the genes! So good to see you guys this weekend. WE were talking about how stinkin cute you guys are after you left!
...I think I might go grab a small cookie too!

Calli said...

Amen! I saw that Oprah. Did you note that the trainer said women should not lift more than 3 lb weights?! I'm all for that too!

Mary Kelly said...

As I am reading your post I am also digging into a bowl of icecream- I feel totally justified! Moderation is key in all things- even sweets!

*** said...

I love it, how was the small cookie? :) I thinkn that is a great idea, diets stink!

Alyosha said...

That has never worked for me either, but I love to exercise.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I tend to be more rebelious in all aspects of life, so if it's off limits, I want it!! I think moderation in all things, too.

fun to catch up on your blog-your little guy is so biG!!!!!!!!!! He is beautiful, too!

Nici said...

I am a little behind on checking the blogs but Ryan told me that Brett got a bike...so i traveled back and saw the post! and contratulations! We love our bikes. Except I am boycotting mine for the time being. I am tired of almost being hit! Utah has bad bike lanes...if any! Have fun!