Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"It Doesn't Matter if You're Black or White"

Yesterday, I went and taught at a private school here in the city. Which, by the way, starts at $30,000 per year in kindergarden and goes all the way through 12th grade... so even before college, parents have shelled out at least $390,000 for their child's education! Anyway, all the kids kept asking if I was pregnant... and then one kid said, " Are you going to have a brown baby, or a white baby?" Um... how to answer and be politically correct... so I started singing the Michael Jackson song... not really! But, who asks that? I guess the answer is - 5 year old!

8 comments:

S&F Seminario said...

Lisa,
I just wanted to say congratulations and that I am so happy to have found this through Summer Larsen's blog. You look great and I know you are having so much fun. Congrats on Brett's job also, and I hope to be able to see you guys sometime soon!
Love, Sharon
Oh, if you want to come see our blog it is sharonandfernando.blogspot.com
It's mostly pictures, but those are fun anyway.

Piper said...

Hilarious! So are you subbing right now?

Forsythe said...

"kid's say the darndest things!" Cute story, thanks for sharing!
love ya girl!

Jen & Johnny said...

Lisa you look so great in your pictures!! I just found your blog and I was so excited to see you are prego!! Congrats!! This is Jen (Walker) Butterfield you cousin!! Well I just wanted to say a quick hi and hope all is GREAT for you guys!! I just started ablog a little bit ago so check it out if you want to
butterbabes.blogspot.com

Sunnie said...

jake's parents paid a bunch for his school and for 2 of his brothers. they went to a private catholic school for high school. crazy money if you ask me! funny question from the kid. i can't wait for the baby to come!

Calli said...

Thanks to Summer I found you too! How is that I didn't even know you were pregnant...and with a boy!! Oh probably because the last time I saw you two you were just moving out to NYC and I was like 7 months pregnant...now our Max is 10 months old! Our blog is www.ryanandcalli.blogspot.com. We have to keep in touch. Make sure to Congratulate Brett on the job--hopefully we will be seeing more of you two soon!

Nancy said...

Lisa, I was at the morningside heights ward for sacrament meeting today - did I somehow miss you? It was pretty crowded! or are you in another ward?

Jen & Johnny said...

Hey Lisa~ I just wanted to tell you I tagged you, check out the details on my blog!