Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lack of Talent Awareness Week

The Lack of Acting Skills

After my doctor appointment last Thursday, I was coming out of the Time Warner Center and there was a t.v. show being filmed. I stood around for a minute and realized that it was the TLC show, "10 years younger". I started text messaging my sister because she loves the show and then someone asked me if I wanted to be IN the show! Of course I said yes! After my city search.com commercial, I felt like it was time for me move on to bigger and better things. So, I just had to go look at a lady in a box and tell the host how old I thought she was and why - it was a stunning performance! Then they pulled me aside and had me repeat what I said by myself to the camera - I worked it... I think that I may win an emmy for it :). Actually, I probably look like a BIG dork! Especially since I came home and my hair was a mess! They probably will call me up and tell me that I need my own makeover! So, if anyone is a regular watcher of the show - keep and eye out for me in January!

The Lack of Crafy Skills

I have absolutely NO creative/crafty talent! Some of my projects for the next few weeks include making a baby scrapbook and baby announcements. I got all of the stuff, and I get it out and then I just sit there... I can't come up with any ideas and when I do, I can' make them look cute! So all you crafty people out there - let me know if you have any tips or good websites! I need major help! Tonight, while I was trying to work on the announcements and getting really frustrated and grumpy, Brett suggested that I pay someone else to do it for me... it was a sweet thought(in a husband sort of way) and would certainly make life easier for me and him - but I really want to be crafty!! I am going to give it a few more tries, so any advice would be welcome! If I fail again, I may just have to accept that I don't have what it takes. While discussing this issue with my grandma, she said that she has accepted that her talent is just to appreciate those who are crafty since she is not... good one, grams - I probably should accept that too!

7 comments:

Lynley said...

Lees-You look so pretty! Seriously, I always knew you were pretty but you look gorgeous! Can't wait to see you this week!

Forsythe said...

That is so cool! I love that show! WE dont have TLC, but maybe we will at my new house. COngrats on your TV debut. Also I would love to help you with your announcements, call me and maybe I can you through some ideas. I am sure anything you come up with will be darling. Luv ya girl!

Lorraine said...

You ARE crafty, I know it! I am also going to have a tv debut soon...check our blog for more details.

Sarah C. said...

How I miss you! I love that you are going to be on TLC! I will definitely start watching in January. You are so cute - I love seeing your prego pictures and I so wish I could see how you look in person! Any names yet?

Sunnie said...

first off, only 36 days to go! that is so barely! and i'm not crafty in the least bit. i don't have many outward talents- i have come to accept that. it's okay, you can join the club! and as for announcements, just do something simple. if it's too elaborate, it's a pain. one year for christmas, i took a pic of the girls, hole punched the corner, and tied a little cute tag on with ribbon. cute but simple, that's about all i can handle. happy big #3, and i love the baby shower pics. cute shirt- you still have a tiny tummy. heidi said it's not too big. i was also trying to scope out katie's ring in the pic. i wish i could have been there. sorry for the long comment!

Tina said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl I've ever seen! I hope it runs in the family :) By the way, there's this guy in my ward who thinks my name is Lisa. He knew my name at first and so by the time he forgot we'd already known each other for quite a while and I felt it would be too awkward to say anything. So, I am impersonating you (or the "maiden" you rather.) I hope you don't mind!

Shawn said...

I have no idea how I stumbled across your blog on my little blog surfing adventures tonight and normally I wouldn't comment at all if I can't even say how I got here but this post was just too much to resist. your comments about the acting made me smile partly because I live vicariously through people who get to do such exciting things. Nobody tapes anything like that in Michigan. LOL But also because it reminded me of my mom asking me once years ago before I'd ever seen the show 'if they put me in a box...how old do you think people would say I am?' to which I repeatedly asked...'why on earth would anyone put you in a BOX???'. I guess the conversation would've been greatly helped by me actually having knowledge of the show. :)

And the second reason I HAD to comment (although this is an old post and you've probably already finished your crafty projects) but two peas in a bucket is a great site for ideas and coming from a completely non-crafty person, if you're more into the computer and not having the whole mess of crafting you should check into digital-scrapbooking. Probably sounds crazy but if you check it out you'll have to let me know. :)

Anyway, still no clue how I got here but congrats on the new baby and have a merry Christmas. :)