It has been a few weeks since I've posted and I always look forward to other people's new posts... so I am going to post despite the title I have chosen. We have three more weeks here in Charlotte. It has been good to be here, but it has also been kind of a weird time. It kind of feels like Groundhog's Day (the movie) but instead of just a day - we just do the same week over and over. We don't have a car - so we are limited to a few select activities: grocery store, working out and hanging out in our apartment. It is quite a contrast from the busy NYC lifestyle - so I should appreciate it while I can. I am suprisingly slightly looking forward to going back to New York. We only have a few more months there, so it will be fun to see our friends there and eat and all the yummy places again before we go for good.
We did change things up a bit this weekend, though! We rented a car and drove to Raleigh, NC to visit one of Brett's friends and his wife: Decker and Christine Smith. It was great to get out of town and to visit them. So, thanks to them for a great weekend!
This week there is another change in the line-up: I get my glucose test! Yay - I have heard great things about the orange stuff you get to drink and I always love getting my blood taken :) Not really... I am kind of like a little kid and make the nurse say comforting things to me before sticking the needle in my arm. It is all for a good cause though!
I will wrap it up now, even though I am sure you are all rivited by the goings on in Charlotte, NC. Monotony aside, we are grateful to be here and are very glad to have had this experience!
5 comments:
It is amazing how much I can write with not much going on :)!
It sounds like things are going pretty well, enjoy the slow and relaxed life. The orange stuff is not bad at all, it is just like orange soda, just really sweet! You look so cute pregnant. I hope you are enjoying it. Make sure you take pictures of your belly becuase you forget what it was like after the baby is here. Miss you guys!
kind of like us when we would go to notre dame for the summers. it was fun, and i do kind of miss it because it was something different. but the days were a lot of the same, but we got to see jake a lot and had a lot of family time so i enjoyed it. good luck with the yummy orange stuff- so tasty:)
Hey Lisa! I forgot to tell you that when Ryan and I went to NYC with my parents a couple of weeks ago we went to your ward! Wow, what a ward. We were so impressed with a Chinese couple that are new converts that spoke. They were amazing! I forget their names though, but they were some of the best talks I have ever heard! I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in NC and hope you have a safe move back to New York. We were wanting to maybe swing by NYC on our way home, but I am going back to Utah on the 21st and Ryan is making the drive a couple days later....I have a job interview. Too bad, it would have been fun to see you. Miss you guys!.....
Hey Brett & Lisa - We miss you guys, hope your summer has been awesome - started school today, it's definitely weird being a student again. When you guys get back to NYC, we'll have to plan a trip to stop by and visit.
Paul & Jill Tanner
Post a Comment