Saturday, August 18, 2007

You might have diabetes if...










...you are me! It is funny that I am typing this as I am eating my choco-nilla rice crispies :). I went to my doctor appointment last week and I failed my initial glucose test, so yesterday I had to take the 3 hour glucose test. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure - you get to have your blood taken right when you get there, then you drink the sugary stuff, then they take your blood again every hour for the next 3 hours. My poor veins are a little sore today, but the lady who did it was actually quite good. So, it was a long morning. Brett was so nice and came with me to keep me company, so it was fun to spend the morning with him. So... in 3-5 days we will know if I have gestational diabetes. If I do... that will be a bummer, but I can handle it - it will probably be good for me so I don't gain 50 pounds when we go back to NYC and can eat at all of the good dessert places again. But, the thing that bugs me about it all is that I looked up gestational diabetes on the Internet and it said to prevent it you should eat well and exercise... which I have been doing! I probably eat healthier pregnant than not pregnant and I exercise 4-5 days a week. ( Side note... Brett has been exercising 4-5 days a week, too! For those of you who have heard my frustration with his exercise habits you will understand how proud I am of him! He is doing awesome and looking great!) So... if I still have gestational diabetes, I could have been sitting on my bum and eating anything I wanted for the last 26 weeks! Just joking... that would have just made things worse I am sure!














I have also posted a few pics from my b-day. I have transitioned from "early twenties" to "mid-twenties". It just seems so much more grown up - it is weird. We rented a car for the day so we could do stuff. We went shopping, to the movies and ate at Cheesecake Factory where we got a slice of Linda's Fudge cake - my favorite!! Then Sunday, my actual b-day, we had a good breakfast of fruit and homemade granola and Brett made me dinner!! That is also as an amazing of a feat as him getting on an exercise schedule! Brett says that he likes to cook, but he 'says' I do it so much better :). So that was really nice of him and it was really good, too!












So, there are pictures of that, too. You will notice my belly is looking quite out there these days... I can't believe that I still have 14 more weeks of growing to do!

7 comments:

Decker and Christine said...

Hey Brett, That b-day dinner looks familiar. Nice Job.

Forsythe said...

Hey Lisa, you look darling! I am sure everything will be fine! I am so proud of you for eating well and exercising, that is way more than I ever did. And gaining 50 pds is not that bad, I only have 15 more to loose. Let us know what happens, I hope you had a great birthday! We miss you guys!

Piper said...

Hey Lisa and Brett! I hope that you don't have diabetes! That would be no fun at all. Are you back in NY already? Lis, you are looking so cute!!

Rachel said...

lisa, you are so cute. i love reading your blogs. so have you found out yet about your test? you look adorable in the pictures!! i love that i can finally see a little bump :) can't wait to see you guys!!

Nancy said...

you look so cute!

Drew Galvin said...

You are looking great, Lisa! What a hot pregnant girl. I don't have many great pics yet, but I will try to post some soon.

Lorraine said...

Oops...I guess I made that comment under Drew's name, but it was ME saying your are hot! I am sure Drew agrees, though...