Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The White Family Visit







So, the moment I had been waiting for has come and gone! My family got to come out to New York for their very first time! New York did not give them a very warm welcome... literally. It was about 35-45 degrees the whole time they were here. But, they borrowed warmer coats (those Californians!) and made the best of it. Actually, my dad only brought a little sweater thing to wear - he just toughed it out. We had a great time. We went and got pizza at Grimaldi's, went to a Yankees game and a few shows, walked around and ate and ate! In classic White family style - we were in on Monday night to have FHE... or to watch 24... with family :). On Easter Sunday, all 6 of us, plus the sister missionaires ( that makes 8 of us ) crammed into our little apartment for dinner. There was not much walking around going on - as the chairs pretty much took up all the space. It is an Easter we will never forget - that is for sure. It was so fun to have them around - but luckily we will not be here forever because I don't think my family was too impressed with the "Greatest City in the World". To each his own... It was hard to see them go, but in exciting news - we will only be in the city ourselves for 2ish more weeks! YAY! I am really looking forward to the break! Brett and I are going to spend about 10 days in UT and then a glorious 2.5 weeks in Cali after my bros get home from their missions. It will be great! Then off to NC for more adventures... will we ever settle down...

7 comments:

Sunnie said...

i can't believe your brothers are coming home! that is so crazy! it is good to hear that family came to visit. isn't that always the greatest, but then always so sad when they leave! living away from family is hard. so where to next? is nc north carolina? keep me updated!

Nancy said...

Lisa!

You're done with NYC for good? Well, I hope you have some good memories of it, even though it was rough for you.

I just made a blog! come see!

Brandon and Katie said...

I miss you two...and are you going to be in Utah the week of graduation? If so....then I want to see you!!! Let's make it happen. ps... :) you know what I mean. ;) I love you two!!!

Brad said...

I called your brothers' mission presidents on my recent trip to mexico city to see if they would let me take them out to lunch. Unfortunately, Michael was not anywhere near the city and Danny's mission president never picked up his phone. Oh well, I tried. That's great that they'll be coming home soon!

Rachel said...

lisa marie, those are cute pictures with your family! it looks like you guys had a great time. have fun in utah and california!! i also can't believe its time for your brothers to come home. time flies... well, have a safe trip and good luck with everything in nc! love you guys!!

Lorraine said...

Love the photos of the White family vacation in NYC. We are looking forward to seeing you in CA- next week!
Lorraine

Sarah C. said...

Lisa lisa! I love peeking in on your life. Fun that your family got a bite of the big apple. I am so glad you are visiting Utah soon. Can we please do something? Love ya lots!