Wednesday, January 24, 2007
It's the little things!
So, big surprises are great - I really like big surprises. But I think it is the little things that really make me smile. For example, after school today I went to the store to pick up some things for dinner. I really wanted to get some junior mints, which are my current candy of choice. But, I talked myself out of it, thinking that I didn't really need to buy them or eat them. So, I didn't. I was second guessing myself when I went down to get on the subway. They have candy stands in all the stations - so I checked to see if they had junior mints - and they did. But once again, I talked myself out of getting them. A little bummed, I got on the train and came home. However, when I walked into our apartment there is none other than a HUGE box of junior mints on the counter! My sweetie pie husband bought a box for me! I was so excited! So, I thought a little bit about how the little things really do matter the most. They keep marriages and friendships happy and can cheer up strangers. Who ever knew a box of junior mints could make me think so much?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what a sweet husband you have! and you shouldn't talk yourself out of buying them. aren't they one of the more low fat candies:)
that's such a cute story lis! and way to go brett :)
Post a Comment