Sunday, January 21, 2007

We're Back!





So, after a great Christmas break we are back in NYC. We had such a great time in California and Utah. The pictures are of our day trip to Balboa Island. We went there with Tyler and Christie and rode bikes up the boardwalk. It was a lot of fun! I love December in California! You can still do things like go to the beach and ride bikes. I guess it is pretty cold there now - which is weird. And sad because I love oranges... ( you'd have to watch the news to get that comment).

We took the red eye back to Manhattan and got in around 5:30 am. As soon as we stepped out of the airport the vacation was over. We had car service men grabbing our bags and trying to get us to pay $70 for a car ride. Yeah right! Maybe we looked look like tourists, but we are New Yorkers ( I cringe a little as I type that). Cabs are only $45 back into the city... just so you know when you come and visit. So, we got a cab, drove home and I started my new job at 7:30 that morning. I love it! I am teaching at a private school. It is amazing! I have been working there for 8 days and I am still smiling! What a blessing. Another welcome back surprise was that we have bed bugs in out closet ( luckily not in our bed - so should we call them closet bugs?). We were using a blanket from the closet and got bites all over. So we washed it and the exterminators are coming - but that is just gross, huh. One of the joys of living here.

Last bit of news... Brett is so smart! He finished his first semester at Columbia with a 3.96. 4 As and an A-! Einstein better watch out :). So, now we are back at it again. We'll see what this semester holds.

1 comment:

Sunnie said...

i'm glad you guys had fun. yucky bed bugs! i heard those are horrible! i hope they go away. congrats on the new job.