Sunday, August 19, 2012

"Whatever you do..."

A couple weeks ago, the boys and I were driving home from somewhere.  Out of the blue, Ryan said,
 " Mom, whatever you do, don't go in the office." 
Of course that made me curious, so I asked why.  The thing that I love about 4 year olds... they just have to be honest.  It is hilarious.  So, Ryan proceeded to tell me that I couldn't go in there because he cut the cord to the iron. He just wanted to see if he could. 
 I wasn't quite sure how to handle the situation.  I was a little angry and frustrated,  but the silliness of his statement outweighed all of that that and I just laughed and laughed. I had to compose myself so I could teach him that we really should NOT cut electrical cords. We talked about why that was not a good idea and he had to give me a dollar out of his bank to help buy a new iron.... so hopefully he forgot how funny I thought it was and learned a lesson.  Taking a picture probably didn't help.  But, that is motherhood.  I love it.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Haha! That's great.