Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Getaway

Brett and I got the chance to go on a pre-baby getaway in June.  It was so fun and a wonderful chance to spend some quality time together.  We went down to Dana Point.  Highlights included: relaxing, massages, a fun-filled surrey ride, walks and lots of eating! Thanks to mom and dad and Christie for taking on the boys for a few days!

On the surrey:

The best or most embarrassing part of riding in this thing was all of the looks we got from people driving in their cars.  I don't know how many couples without kids ride surreys... There weren't many places to ride, so we decided to go to 7-11 to get some drinks.  We parked our surrey right outside and had to cross a busy intersection to get there.  It was pretty funny.

Heading out to dinner

The following pictures are from my new favorite restaurant - ever.  Yes, ever.  Even out of all of our favorite NYC places. It was on a small, quiet street in historic San Juan Capistrano.  The setting was so cute, quaint and funky at the same time. The food was beautiful and so delicious.  I have never said " this is one of the best things I have ever eaten" nor have I had the desire to snap some pictures of my food until this place.  I am finding it funny that I am writing more about this place than the whole trip combined, but #1, I am pregnant and #2, it was a really great place.  Ramos House Cafe.  Only brunch is served on the weekends.  I recommend it!


 We had such a great weekend together. It was sure wonderful  to have some time just the two of us, but we missed our boys and found ourselves saying how they would have enjoyed some of the things we did.  I am so grateful for our marriage and the deep friendship and love we have for each other.  

1 comment:

Heidi and Bryan said...

sounds like fun! Congrats on the baby on the way!