Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Our First Pet


  I really don't like pets.  But this past Saturday, I took Ryan to the pet store look at the animals. 
 After we watched the dogs haircuts and looked at some cats, I started thinking about how excited Ryan would be if he got a pet.  
So I let him pick out his own fish.  Kinda. 
 The sales lady told me the beta fish are the easiest to take care of and they were on sale.  
So I let him pick out his own beta fish. 
It stared out as Dory, but now we call him Blue.
Ryan was so excited. I was happy that he was excited!
Beta fish are supposed to last a year.  Lets hope he lasts a month! 

5 comments:

Barbie and Craig said...

We have a blue beta, and he was our first pet, too :) Definitely the way to go! We have had him since May and he is holding up very well, even after a trip down the garbage disposal (no, it wasn't on!)...he came out a soapy mess, but is still living! The PERFECT first (or only) pet, if you ask me!

Sunnie said...

I think our beta lived for like 2+ years so have fun with that one:) we named it bubblegum girl.

Quinn Family said...

a pet...so proud of you Lis!
I need to call you...

Lovio Fam said...

Too funny, we also had a "Blue" Now we have another beta from the 99cent store and he is going strong now for at least 6 months. Hearty fish!! :)

S&F Seminario said...

Just in case you want a glimpse into the future when he croaks:
http://sharonandfernando.blogspot.com/2010/01/rainbow-eulogy.html

You guys are such fun parents. It's so fun to watch you.