
Chelsea, Claire, Katie, Millie, Me... wish Rach was next to me!
There is nothing like college roomates. I love these girls and was so excited to spend a few days with them and watch Katie get married! We had such a blast together in college so it was fun to be reunited. When we were all freshman, we wore matching shirts to dances and would always head straight for the front of the dance and shake our things - I mean, thangs... Chelsea was (is) the strong one and could kick anyone's - including boys - rear ends. Sometimes she tackles. Claire is the determined one and somehow always manages to get things to work in her favor. We were roommates sophomore and junior year ( half way). We pushed our beds together so we could share secrets at night. We both love Cafe Rio. Katie is the funniest little actress you'll ever see. Really, she reminds me of Julia Louis-Dryfus. She used to fall asleep in the weirdest places. One time we found her asleep halfway in the hall and halfway in the bathroom. I don't know why. And she kissed someone just to get a free football ticket. Really.
Millile and I lived together all FOUR years. Freshman year we had pretend horses that we would ride around on... so glad we grew out of that one. Millie will be the next mayor of Bountiful( she is getting married in June to a Bountiful man) - just you wait. She does things like that.
Rachel - who is missing got married before all of us. As Sophmores, when she was engaged, we would all occasionally pile in the hall to spy on her and her fiance. She is a thoughful friend. And then there is me... my phone went off during the wedding ( AFTER the sealing, luckily) and no one was surpised. I am so glad that they tolerated me for years and I could be the scource of entertainment.
I am so lucky to have made such wonderful friends all those years ago. I am so grateful that my sweet hubby watched Ryan so I could fly to Utah to spend some time with these girls. It was a wonderful weekend. But the very best part was when I got in the car and saw Ryan's beaming face. He said " I missed you, Mommy". I missed him, too.
I am so lucky to have made such wonderful friends all those years ago. I am so grateful that my sweet hubby watched Ryan so I could fly to Utah to spend some time with these girls. It was a wonderful weekend. But the very best part was when I got in the car and saw Ryan's beaming face. He said " I missed you, Mommy". I missed him, too.
6 comments:
Loved your post! Thanks for the memories. I had forgotten about the imaginary horses. You used to tie them up on the bike rack outside the dorms, crazy girls! Loved having you here and visiting.
You girls are all so fabulous. Glad you got a little girls weekend.
What a fun weekend! That's great that all of you girls have stayed close! I loved the end of your post, where you got back in the car and Ryan said he missed you. That was really sweet!
Love you, Lis.
That Bountiful mayor comment is funny because Corey's uncle IS the mayor of Bountiful!
YAY!! you didn't forget about me. i love you to death, lisa marie! and we don't put up with you--we count ourselves SO lucky to know you! wish we were neighbors so i could see you every day. we never ever talk these days but i think about you all the time. and i miss you a lot, friend!! xo!
Post a Comment