Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Potty Training


You know you're a mom when you begin to use the word " underwear" in your prayers. I did that for my first time the other night - the night before I started to potty train Ryan. I used the boot camp method which consists of staying home for THREE days straight. He ran around in underwear all day and I siad " Tell mommy if you need to go" and "are you Dry?" about 100 million times! After three long days Ryan is potty trained and will sleep through the night and stay dry!

8 comments:

Piper said...

Hilarious AND Genius! (Apparently I don't have kids of my own) I couldn't imagine staying home for three days straight. Good work Team Mom!

Forsythe said...

I am so jealous. I tried that same method with Blake when he first turned two and went crazy and gave up. We are gearing up to try again soon! Congrats to you.

Mary Kelly said...

Way to go Ryan and Lisa! You'll have to share some more tips for us moms still buying diapers.

Maria said...

That's awesome! Does that mean you can get out of the house and play now? Good job Ryan!!

Quinn Family said...

yeah for Ryan...wish me luck, I still haven't decided when to try with Paisley.

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

Awesome! That is what we did with Aliyah and it worked so good. Now, I just need to get brave and tackle Brookies potty training!
Good job Lisa!

Lorraine said...

We need to talk. I have questions.

Wendy said...

good work!