Almost on a daily basis, I thank Lisa for cooking such great meals or for cleaning the house while I was working. At times, she feels like I love her because she's a great cook or a great baker. Today, on her 26th birthday, I will prove that there are many more reasons why she is more than just a Martha Stewart. Lisa...
1. You are thoughtful. Your mind works 100 miles an hour when you are thinking about people--how you can help someone, how you can strengthen a friendship, who you can serve.
2. You are dependable. When you say you will do something, I know you will do it.
3. You are the best friend. You remember special days, keep in touch and share triumphs and trials. You have taught me a great lesson: Focus on being a friend rather than making friends.
4. You are spiritually-minded. You have an amazing ability to gain new insights as you study scripture and provide logical and faith-promoting counsel to other people who need it.
5. You are attractive. No matter how many times we move (from city to city), you have always seemed to attract a lot of friends. You radiate such goodness through your pretty eyes and pretty smile.
6. You are beautiful. Woot-woo! That's all I have to say about that.
7. You are caring. It has been so awesome to watch you as a mother in caring and loving Ryan. You sacrifice so much of your time, your sleep and other things that you love to do to develop and care for him.
8. You are compassionate. Without fail, whenever you see someone who is struggling, feeling lonely or who does not have much, you mention ways to help and act on it.
9. You are smart. You are so logical in your thinking and provide such refreshing insight.
10. You are ambitious. You are continuously looking for ways to improve or ways to make our lives easier or better.
11. You are creative. You have new ideas and don't always rely on the traditional or the routine.
12. You are funny. Sometimes you make me laugh when I don't want to...and it ends up being exactly what I need.
13. You are disciplined and committed. With your goals, ambitions, beliefs or traditions, you are dedicated in doing them. (We'll get to the handling the sweets sooner or later.)
14. You are pure. This was one of the first attributes I noticed in you, recognizable through your visible "glow" and selfless acts.
15. You are confident. You know who you are--your strengths and your weaknesses--and you embrace it. Before I even met you, this was one attribute that I also mentioned was an "essential" to me. To me, it is a sign of your faith, knowledge and devotion to God. "If men do not comprehend the character of God, they do not comprehend themselves."
16. You are sociable. If it's not being with people, it's talking to them on the phone. If it's not talking to people on the phone, it's chatting with them on Facebook or IM. If it's not that, it's e-mail. If it's not that, you're sleeping. You love people, and that's a huge reason why I love you.
17. You are authentic. Very much connected to your dependability, you are sincere in what you say. When you say it, you mean it. You rarely sugar coat; you are in honest in who you are.
18. You are musical. You have a beautiful voice that Ryan is so lucky to hear every night before bed. Sometimes I like to listen through the door since my Lisa concerts are limited.
19. You are active. You care about yourself enough to take care of yourself. I love that through your dedication to stay healthy and to exercise, I am motivated to do the same...just not quite at the same level (as with many of these areas).
20. You are enthusiastic. Just listening to you talk on the phone is one way for someone to recognize your enthusiasm, especially when it involves other people. You are enthusiastic about life and the opportunities that you create on your way.
21. You are balanced. You don't just excel at any one or two things--you are spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically strong.
22. You have great integrity. You are always striving to do the right thing in all aspects of your life. You often sacrifice certain things in your life because you know it's the right thing and you believe there is more good in doing right than in doing what is convenient, popular or politically correct.
23. You have soft skin. Ryan's baby bumb or your face...that's a toss up! :)
24. We share storytelling skills (or the lack thereof). "So, do you remember when...?" I won't even go there. We'll just keep that skill to each other.
25. You are a great masseuse. Still better than any professional yet (in the two times I've been).
26. You really are a great cook (my favorite, in fact)! One of these days, I'll have to learn how to cook more than toast. There's no better time than the present, right? Well, let's hold off on this one for a while. Why take the chance of having nasty meals by me when you know you could have a delicious one from you, "ya know?"
Needless to say, I am..., I am..., I am the luckiest. You are an amazing wife, fabulous mom, and the best friend!! Thank you for being born 26 years ago. I found my pot of gold!
12 comments:
ohhhh what a sweet list from your husband. he must really like you or something:) happy bday you old lady! thirty is right around the corner!
Lisa, you really are great! I hope you ahve a wonderful birthday!
I agree with everyone and more! Happy Birthday Lisa, you deserve it!
Hey Lisa, Happy B-day again!! Thanks for walking with Ashton and I yesterday!! Hope you had a great time with your fam last night!! That was so sweet of Brett to make a power list of all the awesome things you do!! I still have to get that sugar cookie recipe from you!!See ya later
Happy Birthday, Lisa! I agree with Brett- you are AMAZING!
Wow, my hubby needs to learn from yours! Of course you are all fo those qualities and more!!! I am so grateful to be your friend! I hope your birthday was great!
what a sweet husband you have. go brett! and of course everything he said is true!! you are a special girl lis :)
i hope you had a super bday!
Oh my goodness! Brett you are the cutest! And Lisa, you ARE amazing! I'm so glad I got to know you guys in the short time we had! I miss you!
Happy Birthday Lisa! You are wonderful!!! Well, not to skip over your b-day but I have a funny story for Brett...The other day Ryan and I were folding clothes, nothing special--the usual..colors, and randomly Ry said as he shook out a t-shirt, "Do you know who I wish I hung out with more?" Thinking a threw out a bunch of boy names he knew but then he said, "Brett". "My cousin Brett?" I said in a weird tone, my voice may have even cracked in suprise. And his answer was, "Yeah, he is cool" I just started busting up. What brought that on...who knows. But I found out that my husband is a closet "Brett's Best Friend" wisher. So could you help me make all his wishes come true and move back! :) miss you guys
This is such a sweet post and all so true! Lis, Hope your birthday is fabulous!
I agree with all those things, although I've never had a massage (among other things) from Lisa!
lisa- 21 on me for you birthday (better late than never right?) what do you say? the list is the sweetest and i noticed your glow the fist time i saw you at a london study abroad meeting. you are amazing and i am happy to call you my friend.
Post a Comment