Friday, April 18, 2008

Sleep Update

THANK YOU to all those who gave me sleeping advice. I do love hearing what has worked for others. Oh how I wish Ryan was sleeping like he was when I made that post. He went from being a pretty good sleeper to not so much. It all started when we went on vacation. I just decided that when we got home I wouldn't go anywhere for a few days to get him back on track. Well, then we got home and as you all saw, Ryan got sick! So, he was waking up because he didn't feel good. He still has some wheezing and a stuffy nose so he wakes up a lot because he can't breathe! Here is how last night went:


7:30 bed
10:00 feeding
12:30 awake and crying
1:00 asleep
2:20 awake and screaming - moved into another room as to not wake Brett and my sister who was sleeping in the next door room( we are babysitting her while my parents are gone)
2:30 listened to Ryan babble himself to sleep until 3:00am
3:15 awake and crying - held his hand
4:15 awake and screaming, fed him
5:45 awake and crying
6:10 asleep
7:00 awake for good and mom is TIRED!

This is when I really wish that babies could just talk. It would be so much easier if Ryan could just say " Mom, my nose is stuffy and I can't breathe. Can you please get your snot sucker and help me out!" It is hard for me to know what do when I am not sure if he crying just to cry or because he doesn't feel good. I am hoping that he gets all better soon so we can start getting his sleep back to normal!

I need to work on coming up with some new posts! I think that my mind is just consumed with mommyhood and sleep deprivation that I don't think about much else. As soon as things get back to normal, I will do my best to spice things up with some humorous anecdotes or deep thoughts(on the occasion that I have some)! As for now, you will continue to get cute pictures of my beautiful boy! Here is one in his new hat!


Let me tell you, you certainly get a lot more attention when you have a baby! I went to my brother and sister's swim meet and so many people were ohhing and ahhing about Ryan. One lady from the other team asked if I was going to be at league finals because she wanted to sit next to me! As we left a whole stand full of people were waving goodbye! I don't mean to brag... it really is just such a funny thing how much people love babies! Not one of those people would have even talked to me had I not had him with me! I love my boy!

7 comments:

Sarah and Mike said...

Brett! It's Sarah Comin Baker. Your son is sooo cute! I was efy blog hopping and wanted to say hi. My blog is sarahandmikebaker@gmail.com

Sarah and Mike said...

Also-I know I'm a complete stranger Lisa-though I have heard about you-but I have a five month old-just went through that-try having him sleep in his car seat-the upright postition will help him drain.

Jill said...

oh... rough night. Those are the worst. It will get better! And yes, he is quite the handsome baby!

Forsythe said...

What a cutie, from my experience they go through stages of good sleeping times an bad, this time should pass. Just make sure during thday you get some sleep while he is taking a nap.

JAGBHansen said...

Wow! I remember those nights! It gets better, believe it or not! I always run a cool mist humidifier in the kids room when they get sick, it always seems to help. The sound might soothe him as well as help relieve the stuffiness...I wish I could help more, this living out of state thing is too hard!

Mary Kelly said...

Those blue eyes.... amazing. He is going to break a lot of hearts when he get older!

Bryan and Shelly Barney said...

Lisa--

Ryan is so adorable. I love your craft story. I am the same way I do not start any craft project without my mom by my side. Good luck with the sleeping I have a feeling that in about a month and a half I will be on the same schedule!