Monday, September 17, 2007

Baltimore, Boston and Back






What a crazy week we had last week! Last Friday, Brett and I got on a bus and went down to Baltimore to visit our great friends Rachel and Danny Devine. They had a baby 2 months ago, so it was fun to meet him and see their 2 year old daughter. We also got to see Millie while we were out there, which was great, too! We got back from Baltimore on Monday and then on Tuesday, Misty and Dave Quinn picked us up and we drove out to Boston. We planned the trip the Friday before, so I was proud of myself for being spontaneous! Since Dave flies so much, he had a lot of hotel points, so we were able to stay in a great hotel - thanks Misty and Dave! We spent the whole day Wednesday touring around Boston! I loved that city! I am definitely a west coast girl, but if we had to move back east again, I wouldn't mind Boston. We went on a "Duck Tour", which was tons of fun and we saw a lot of the city that way without walking forever. Then, we drove over to Harvard where we found this great burger place. Check out some of the names of the burgers, they are hilarious: http://www.mrbartley.com/mrbartleys-menu.html. Brett got the Viagra burger... it is a little embarrassing to order that one, but he really like it! We then drove to north Boston where we went in search of the Old North Church. Along the way we stumbled upon the "little Italy" of Boston. It is such a cute little place. We pretty much stopped in every pastry and gelato shop to try things out. Gotta love local food :). I loved seeing the Old North Church - I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Paul Revere and his "midnight ride". I still remember the beginning of the famous poem that I memorized in third grade " 'Twas the eighteenth of April in '75, hardly a man is still alive, that remembers that famous day and year of the midnight ride of Paul Revere..." I could go on, but I won't. The things I remember! If only I could remember where I put my keys! On the way back from Boston, we stopped at an orchard in Hartford and picked some raspberries. It was a great trip! So now, after 3 weeks, we can finally settle in and get our life going again! Oh, and about the pictures, I think that I am venturing out of the cute stage of pregnancy and into the fat stage... I'd like to blame it on the pants I was wearing, but... OK, I will do that!

7 comments:

Sunnie said...

i want some good belly shots. you can't really tell that much from the pics. i like seeing millie! i was thinking did she get married and have a baby? but i guess that's not her little girl. and misty that i know or another misty? anyways, fun trip!

sanchez family said...

hey brett and lisa its me your cousin lei nici set us up and now i have a family blog you can link on through nicis of it is http://dandlsanchez.blogspot.com
i have had fun reading about you guys good luck on the bady.

Piper said...

Yay for Boston! FYI, Ryan accepted the job offer with KPMG in Boston starting next fall so we will for sure be back there. I am so sorry I did not call you back for recommendations of what to do in Boston. Sounds like you did everything we would have suggested though. Especially the duck tour. Those are awesome. And North End is our favorite!!! Next time you go we have a restaurant you have to try and in ice cream place. Oh and since you went to Harvard square you were about 3 blocks south of where we lived!!! Isn't it a great town? Well, I am glad you got the chance to go and had a fun time! So do you know yet where you will be in a couple months? Good luck with everything....and tell the Cowleys we say "HI". We miss you guys!!!!

Paul said...

Looks like fun, Dr. Bradley is a stupid head.

Forsythe said...

I am jelous of the picture of Millie, Rachel and you. I wish I was there for the momentous occation. You look awesome, such a cute pregnant lady. Sounds like you guys are having fun there on the east coast. Miss you!

Nancy said...

Hey Lisa! Looks like a fun trip!

I have a Nikon D80. Depending on how into it Brett wants to get, I think it's a great camera. It's pretty complicated though, I've had it for 3 months and I'm still learning all of the its features. But I think that's fun. So if he thinks that'll be fun too, then I totally recommend it. The Nikon D40, which just came out, is supposed to be a great value for a DSLR too, and you can get a kit at Costco for five hundred bucks.

Fair warning though -- it can become an obsession. :)

Nancy said...

"I'm still learning all of its features."

I need to proofread.