Saturday, July 14, 2007

Happy Birthday to Brett!



So, I am married to a 28 year old man now... weird! Brett's birthday was yesterday and unfotunatley it was probably one of the more boring birthdays he has had... except for the time when his mom and dad forgot that it was his birthday when he was 15 :)... poor kid - I guess that's what happens when you are the youngest! I actually was in CA for that last week baby shopping with my mom! We got lots and lots of blue stuff! I think that I am going to start a new business making baby boy clothes - why do they all have to have dogs and reptiles and tools all over them? Can't we get just some basic colors or stipes? It is probably good we are having a boy first when we are poor graduate students... I am not as tempted to buy clothes. Anyway... back to the man of the hour. I got back the night before the big b-day, so it was a fun reunion. Brett had to go to work early, so he worked then we went to dinner and came home and watched a movie. I did make a chocolate cake that was supposed to be like Linda's Fudge cake from Cheesecake Factory...supposed to being the key phrase. It was acutally pretty good, though. We have A lOT of cake as a result of being in a place where we have not many friends to come help us eat it... we'd better make some in the next few days before the cake goes bad! So, that was it for the celebration. It was great to be together again after being apart for almost a week and I must say I am very happy that Brett was born! He is such a great husband and friend to me. So happy birthday to him!

3 comments:

Sunnie said...

we're both married to old men! jake is 28 too. and i'm with you about baby clothes- i usually don't love the ones with large animals on them either. i'm glad you had a fun trip!

Piper said...

Happy birthday Brett!!!! and also....yay for having a baby boy! Congrats!

Nici said...

Happy Birthday Cuz! I am right there with you...in oct I will be 28 and ryan will still be 26... but what can I say? He is crazy about me :) Anyway, Happy days!