Sunday, June 24, 2007

We have an announcement to make....






Ok, so most of you know already, but we will make it offical with a post... we are having a baby! The offical due date is November 23, 2007 - so I am about 18 weeks along. However, when I went to the doctor in Charlotte for the first time, they didn't have my medical records and informed me that my due date is November 9th. I would love my due date to be the 9th, but my mom is pretty sure that they are wrong - and encouraged me to get a doctor that can do math - so Nov. 23rd it is! The first 6 weeks were great - then week 7 hit and I all of the sudden didn't like food anymore. It was the weirdest thing - I LOVE food - so when I couldn't even smell it, I knew that I was not just fake pregnant. I hated anyting that smelled like anything, too. When Brett would come in from school I would make him change his shower, change his clothes and brush his teeth before even coming close to me! OK, I didn't have him so all that, but I would have him change his clothes. For those of you who have been in NYC - it often smells bad, so those smells would come in with Brett. Anyway, I am doing much better now and again like food except for salad. I have posted some pictures of my belly - the first is at 16 weeks comparing my belly to my brother Michael's belly and the 2nd was today - so 18 weeks. I think that I have grown quite a bit in the last 2 weeks, but I still don't look pregnant. I just look fat. So, it will be nice when I am past this stage( at least I think so now - some 9 month pregnant ladies might inform me otherwise). In conclusion, Brett and I are very excited about our upcoming adventure and would love any parenting advice you can give!

1 comment:

Sunnie said...

you are so small still- don't worry, the belly will grow. believe me- i know! and nov 23rd is jake's b-day so you should definitely have the baby on that day. let us know when you find out what it is. i'm guessing girl.