Last weekend, Brett and I had the awesome opportunity to go to a Power of Moms Couple's Retreat.
I went to a regular retreat last year, but going with Brett was even better. Not only did we get Cafe Rio, but we were able to discuss and plan for the most important thing to us: our family. Great things can happen when you are on the same page as a couple. I was so happy he went with me! He was even excited about it too. He is a good man.
Anyway...
We discussed these four areas:
1. Marriage/Parenting Partnerships
2. Family Culture- traditions and values you want your family to have
3. Family Legal Systems - rules and consequences
4. Family Economy - how you teach about work and money
We were given a lot to think about during this conference and spent the whole hour long car ride talking about how we want to implement our ideas into our family life. Our boys are at the age where they are starting to push boundaries and test limits. After attending this conference, we realized that we do not have clear and visible rules and consequences for our kids. It is our goal by the end of the month to have a set of rules posted in our house(among other things).
What I loved most about this conference and what I love most about the Power of Mom's is that it is parenting with a purpose. The trainer and co-founder, April Perry said that a lot of the time there are behavior problems or chaos in the home, it is because there is not a plan in place to control it (or you have a two year old). I totally agree. My most stressful days are when I have no plan and things just see, to fall apart. My most fulfilling days are when I have specific plans and goals. Life is more orderly and happy for me and my kids.
Moral of the story is:
If you have't checked out Power of Mom's - you should! It is a great resource and provides wonderful ideas for mothers.

1 comment:
So awesome you guys went to this! Let me know when our monthly group starts meeting again, would love to hear all the details of your retreat!
Post a Comment