

Over Conference weekend, my friend Wendy and I ran the St. George Marathon. It was #2 for both of us! We had a great time! We drove up with Brett and Ryan Friday night, ran the marathon Saturday morning and hopped back... ok more like dragged ourselves into the car and went home that afternoon. Yes, we are crazy.
They drove us up the canyon at 5:30 am. Wendy and I were on the last bus in the last seat. Great timing. They started the race about 10 minutes after we arrived. I was a little nervous about how I would feel during the race being that the last time I ran 26.2 miles, I was 20. But, I felt even better this this time. No walls, no blisters, no hurt toenails and I was 5 minutes faster than I was back then! It was a great experience. The best part of the race was as I approached the finish line and I saw Ryan on Brett's shoulders. It was such a sight for sore legs to see my two favorite boys waiting there for me. This is the third race in a year that they have supported me through. What great guys I have.
More marathons to come... who is with me?
( I already know that Wendy and Lorraine are in!)
sorry about the small pictures... I copied them from the marathon site and this is as big as they would get!
4 comments:
Wow Lisa, you amaze me. I want to be you when I grow up. You look awesome and great job!
somehow I missed this entry until now...so cool. You really do inspire me, and I wish I could say I was with you, but I am struggling with my measly 3 miles a day right now. great job! and I can only imagine how fun it was to be able to see Ryan at the finish.
I'm in any time for a 5k or a half marathon! There's no way I could handle a 26.2 k yet though, you are amazing!!!
i found the post! go us. in spite of how tired i was that was a great weekend. i had an awesome time with you guys and you were the greatest running partner.
Post a Comment